April 6, 2012

fabulous facts


"F"
My husband and I are empty nesters now! And although you can imagine we sometimes miss having the kids; and we will enjoy having everyone here for Easter; them leaving does have it's up side, we'll have our privacy again.  

We've kinda gotten used to it.

Anyhoo, you might be wondering what all this has to do with my "F" words. My words today is fabulous and facts!
Here are a few random facts that come to mind, just off the top of my head when I think about the way things used to be and some about the way thing are now lol!


  • There is nothing like getting on the phone without being interrupted every other minute. 
  • That goes for the bathroom too!
  •  The laundry pile is substantially smaller as is the pile of dishes in the sink.
  •  Our favorite thing to do together, well that's uninterrupted too {no I will not talk about that this is a G rated blog
  • Our other favorite thing to do together is to travel, we visit family, go to the beach preferably to the Caribbean or to beaches in our area with my brother and his family.
  • We garden and hang with friends together
The list goes on and on for us and our marriage is 31+ years young!


Life after the kids moved out took a bit of adjustment but we are having a fabulous time!
Have any fabulous facts you want to share about yourselves?





11 comments:

  1. Amen to everything on your list....as I wait for my house to be happily invaded in T minus two hours! Great picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 20-year-old is home from college for Easter. Not much change for us; she sleeps until the afternoon, and we hardly know she's here. Until she hits the pantry ... and later, I predict, the liquor cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, I just had a hard time sending my son to boy scout camp so not certain how I'll do with an 'empty nest' but I can see the facts taht you've mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this post Jen...a fabulous 'f' word challenge ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and my hubby have been so all about the kids that I fear we will be bad empty nesters. I know when my daughter first went away to college I was devastated. I can't imagine what it will be like when both of the boys are on their own too. Hmmm, maybe I'll get more pets, LOL!
    Have a wonderful weekend Jen. Enjoy your family time and Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great that you have a good life and enjoy your own interests. My in-laws are about to be fully retired and they want to move near us and build their retirement around us, and I am not at all looking forward to it. I think they would be better off to find their own happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning from the freezing Atlantic ocean!!
    I could relate to everything in your post. We are empty nesters too, and I had a rough time dealing with it at first. You do adjust and now we love to get together for weekends and holidays. Lucky us, our daughter and her partner live only three hours away......and he loves for us to visit as much as we do. My husband and Mark always do little weekend projects together, The next plan is to build a small greenhouse in their backyard...can't wait!!

    Happy Easter...enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 31 years and you still enjoy each other's company! You're an inspiration!

    I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful...31 years!

    My oldest leaves home in just a few months. I'm dreading it. I think I needed to hear the upsides, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just takes a bit of a period of adjustment but your right there really are many up sides to the empty nest!

      Delete

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!