December 27, 2011

the pain of the holiday's

I had to keep myself from writing some really terribly gloomy posts this Christmas season. I tend to find myself being drawn to the past, getting very reflective as the year draws to a close and that can be both good and bad.

I know all of you would be very supportive but frankly I didn't want to be a Debby Downer for the holiday's. I found it becomes easy to fall into the negative pattern so I thought I'd attempt to keep a  mostly positive attitude on the blog and in my personal life. I'd say it worked....sorta! Except when the migraines come.

How'd you like to spend most every holiday with a migraine? I have just come out of a three day migraine. It is the most horrible feeling; but I'm a trooper so I tend to push through them. And there comes a point when I max out on my meds and I have no other choice!

Gretchen  Christmas 2005
Eric Christmas 2005
When you've been through what I've been through the holiday's are hard enough without physical pain added to the emotional. And I remember their last Christmas and the death of my precious children a few months later and I am SO grateful to God for all the Christmases we had together before they went home to be with You.




5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I can commiserate with the drain of migraines. Mine usually include some sort of visual aura and then on the rare occasion- numbness in my hands/face and a dull headache for a day or two after. Ugh.
    As for the holiday season, I have no words, only virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate these darn things and I'm sorry you have them too! They so totally suck.

    Its sorta like the chicken and the egg ya know? Does my loss cause the headaches to come or does the pain from the headaches make me focus on my pain, I wish I knew!

    Thanks for the hugs Jackie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave me goosebumps. Eric and Gretchen were certainly beautiful people. That's obvious.
    I agree with you, I could have been a total Downer all of December. I did my best to limit those posts but I just had to every now and then. It's still so fresh in my memory.
    When I get a migraine, they also last for three straight days. Did I mention to you before, Zomig ZMT? I know, everyone is different but this is my wonder drug.
    Take care. m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nothing so say...just sending you so much love and hugs and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen I am so very sorry. Not much I can say, but know I'm thinking of you and sending thoughts of strength and big hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!